I tend to forget that I have a blog. That cliché seems true about me, though. That is to say…every time I have something that might be worth blogging about, I’m nowhere near a computer or simply don’t have the time to actually type it out. Bah!
It’s been a whirlwind of a month! On July 20, I started a new job at WU…I’ll talk more about that later…for now, I just want to share the AWESOMENESS of this link…
I am growing into the biggest nerd/cat lady in the whole wide world.
1. I went to Target at 8:30 on a Friday night, and loved it. Shouldn’t a 26 year old woman be out and about on a Friday?
2. I can’t make a trip there without walking through the baby section and finding at least one item sneaking its way into my cart for Lorelei.
3. I am reading more chicklit than I used to. Ugh.
4. The majority of the magazines I subscribe to are either food or news related. Also, Psychology Today. Oh dear…
5. Some would say that the fact I enjoy knitting and cross-stitching reason in and of itself.
6. I plug my ears whenever a cop car or fire truck go by…although that’s partially because I believe I have tinnitus…because both of my parents have it to some extent. OH!! Dad’s finally going to get hearing aids this summer. Thank the Lord!
7. I consider a fabulous day to be one where I can lie in bed, magazines, books, laptop and kitties keeping me company. That’s the kind of day I had today…with NPR added. Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, Lynn Rosetto Kaspar, Weekend Edition, Prairie Home Companion, This American Life? Yes, please. Garrison Keillor is one of my heroes. Except I heard a national announcer say “warsh” earlier. NOOOOOOOOO!!
8. I have come to terms with the fact that my parents are leaving St. Louis…so much so that I’ve started looking at houses in the Berkshires, where they want to move, so I can start making suggestions.
9. I have started to criticize much of today’s music like my Mom and Dad do to any music that isn’t from “their” era. Which is to say…ugh, it’s basically only two chords. And the lyrics are stupid.
And lastly for now…
10. Um. I’ve figured out what musical interval my cats meow in. Linus is a perfect fifth (Twinkle, Twinkle…). Marcie is a major or minor third, depending on the situation. Sometimes a perfect fourth…(here COMES the bride) Yeah, go ahead and laugh at me, Mom did, when I told her. It’s good for my musicianship skills, though, which are VERY out of practice.
So. Maybe I have my blogging mojo back? Don’t want to jinx anything, though. :)
Marcie is currently trying to eat my toes through my blanket.
I’m fascinated with feng shui.
I really want to learn origami, specifically cranes.
I usually cannot sleep a full night, unless I take a sleeping pill…I’ll go to bed at a decent hour and wake up before dawn, unable to fall back asleep.
It doesn’t help that when Linus is hungry, he’ll paw at my blinds until I get up and feed him.
I long to travel.
I’m always looking for new podcasts to listen to…they’re what get me through the work day.
I haaaaate humidity. Why do I live in St. Louis again?
Dear (witty title),
I want to apologize for not writing much in the past few months. Like I wrote in my last post, I have a hard time motivating myself to write, when I’m feeling unhappy a good chunk of the time. So…to get myself back on track, I’m going to start with writing a few things that have made me happy lately.
In no specific order…
Please forgive me, dear blog.
You know, I struggle with what to write when I’m having down moments, because I really don’t want to make other people feel down about things.
Time is going way too fast this year. It’s already May 9th, and I don’t know what I’ve been doing to get through it all! Today is Mother’s Day, and I just got off the phone with Mom, who is at the Symphony hearing this. She told me the Rachmaninoff was amazing…but then as we were saying goodbye, she said that she would call me after the Sea Symphony to give me a report…and then again after the Dea symphony. :)